About This Course
The Art and Practice of Leadership (APL) is a 3-day national workshop for third or fourth year undergraduate students, and first or second year full-time master’s students (who have completed their bachelor’s degree not more than two years ago) from any accredited university in Bangladesh. Conceptualized at Harvard University, this workshop provides participants with an exceptional opportunity to learn about leadership, communication, and career development. The participants embark on a stimulating personal journey that develops their leadership potential and helps them gain new competencies to better compete in the job market. Employers today look for more than just a degree. They look for individuals who will not only excel in their professional capacity, but will also lead, inspire, and mobilize people around them. Participants are drawn from all over Bangladesh and become part of a powerful network of youth leaders.
You will learn
- The concepts of leadership from our curriculum developed at Harvard University
- Techniques to generate innovative solutions through self-assessment, deep observation, and rapid experimentation
- The winning principles of persuasion that will help you mobilize stakeholders
- The fundamentals of public speaking and communication
- The essentials of team dynamics that will help you to be a team player
- Proven techniques of networking that will help you to build lasting connections
You have to be a third or fourth year undergraduate student, and a first or second year full-time master’s student (who have completed their bachelor’s degree not more than two years ago) in any accredited university in Bangladesh.